For Tuesday, Oct 16
In advance of Mark Johnson’s Class Visit, please complete the following:
- Review the final assignment: 5-7 minute group video on ways a collection/collector of your choice affects climate and what are some solutions?
- Review the “40 Key research questions” the Georgia Climate Research Roadmap would like to pose to “policy makers, practitioners, and scientists in Georgia.” Do your potential topics overlap with any of these questions? How might you begin to answer one or more of these questions in your video?
- Finally, find and read an article that breaks down the major findings from the UN Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC), which was released Monday, October 8. What are the major findings of the report? How might your video reflect this environmental/historical context?
|Group Number||Group Memebers|
|G6||Thiago, Danya, Akshay, Elias, Ashley|
|G7||Patrick, Margaret, Mathew, Mai|
|G17||Shakeeb, Mitchell, Michael Tang, Andy|
How does nature threaten political systems in Hamlet?
Respond to the question above based on the chunks of text below:
- What do you make of Hamlet’s ecology: “Your worm is your only emperor for diet. We fat all creatures else to fat us, and we fat ourselves for maggots. Your fat king and your lean beggar is but variable service, two dishes but to one table. That’s the end” (4.3.2685-2691)?
- What does Horatio mean when he says of Ophelia, “Her speech is nothing,/Yet the unshapèd use of it doth move/The hearers to collection” (4.5.2752-54)?
- What does Ophelia mean when she say the following and why frame her feelings as she does: “There’s fennel for you, and columbines. There’s rue for you, and here’s some for me; we may call it herb of grace o’Sundays. You may wear your rue with a difference. There’s a daisy. I would give you some violets, but they withered all when my father died. They say ‘a made a good end” (4.5.2932-2936).
- To what/whom does Gertrude attribute agency in her report of Ophelia’s death and why?
There is a willow grows aslant a brookTo muddy death. (4.7.3159-75)