11 & 13 September. Poster Sessions.
Set up by taping your posters to the white boards around the room.
As the presenters set up, we’ll go over a few ‘best practices’ for responding to presentations
Audience Best Practices
- 1. What sort of development project does the speaker present?
- 2. According to the presenter, what makes the project sustainable?
- 1.How the poster respond to the rhetorical situation, i.e. illustrate an issues related to sustainability trough a local/national development project?
- 2. How does the poster catch and sustain your attention via design choices: alignment, proximity, contrast, chunking, etc.?
- 1.Key terms: I like that you drew our attention to ________ project. I wonder if you could say more about how Caradonna, Morton, or Clark’s terms describe the project you illustrate.
- 2. Imagery/Design: You do a really nice job illustrating ___________ in___________ portion of your poster. What guided your design decisions?
- 3. Scaling up: I love that you chose to illustrate _______ as an example of ________. What does the development project you chose say about the context in which it was created? Does the issue you chose challenge assumptions about the defintion of sustainability?
|Tuesday, Sept 11||Group One: Hannah, Enioluwa, Enerelt, Fei, Thiago, Esther, Jintong, Brandon, Akhil, Jarod, and Hae Won|
|Thursday, Sept 13||Group Two: Akshay, Hui Min, Mark, Qichen, Dorein, Elton, Tejas, Firaas, Elias, Ashley, Zeyu, Sanyu, Max Jialuo, Danya, and Jiale|
ENGL 1101. N1
Both Poster Sessions will be held in Hall 102, the room across from our classroom.
|Tuesday, Sept 11||Group One: Samantha, Henrik, Lauren, Alvin, Dustin, Summayyah, Melissa, Omar, and Henna|
|Thursday, Sept 13||Group Two: Kyle, Rishi, Patrick, Danny, Margaret, Grayson, Giancarlo, Mai, Shreya, Jermey, Dov, John, Matthew|
ENGL 1101. D2
|Tuesday, Sept 11||Group One: Brandon, Michael Chen, Benjamin, Anna, Andrew, Andy, Kevin, Maya, Yeajin, Jing Xi, Jason, Wyatt|
|Thursday, Sept 13||Group Two: Kenny, Manisha, Yue, Shakeeb, Siddarth, Avni, Brett, Ravi, Kok Wei, Michael Tang, Mitchell, Andres, Kiet|